Butterfly Ventures is one of the leading early stage VCs in Finland. We have offices in Helsinki and Oulu. We invest into Nordic deep tech companies that change the world for better. Now we’re expanding our team. Are you our new Backoffice Manager?
Depending on your skills, experience and background your work will include running the back office, collecting data from our portfolio companies, investor (limited partner) reporting and due diligence work, as well as assisting our partners, for example by gathering market information, organizing meetings and schedules, doing travel arrangements and running the office in general. While a few years of professional experience doesn’t hurt, you’re most likely just finished your studies or in the final stages of them. The location of the work will be either Helsinki or Oulu and may require some travel.
Requirements for the job are:
- Punctual analytical mindset with ability and will to learn new things fast as well as, helpful, co-operative attitude and motivation to put a dent in the world
- Understanding of business and finance, including financial reporting, balance sheet, profit and loss statements and cash flow calculations
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, including advanced use of formulas & graphs
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
Following will improve your odds of getting selected:
- M.Sc from economics (finance, accounting), industrial management or similar program
- Good communications skills, ability to search and find information
- Understanding of commercial law, agreements, IP issues and / or patents
- Experience from prior roles in similar positions and / or tasks
- Knowledge of venture capital, fund structures and startup financing in Finland
- Active participation on student entrepreneurship societies or similar activities
- Additional language skills
We offer you a vantage point to the startup world which will set your career apart from average and allows you to make a significant impact on startup ecosystem and the world we live in. There’s also room for growth within the company, even all the way to the full partner status within a few years. The salary and other benefits are negotiable.
Apply by sending your CV with references AND a free form application (max 2 pages) by 20.5.2018 to email@example.com. Feel free to contact us also in case you have any questions regarding the job.