Butterfly Ventures is one of the leading early stage VCs in Finland. We have offices in Helsinki and Oulu. We invest into Nordic deep tech companies that change the world for better. Now we’re expanding our team. Are you our new Associate?
Depending on your skills, experience and background your work will include assisting our partners in their daily activities, for example gathering market information, organizing meetings and schedules, interviewing and coaching startups, due diligence work as well as collecting data from our portfolio companies and public relations and communications related tasks, such as writing case descriptions, one slide case summaries and putting together longer presentations. While a few years of professional experience doesn’t hurt, you’re most likely just finished your studies or in the final stages of them. The location of the work will be either Helsinki or Oulu and requires some travel.
Requirements for the job are:
- Good communications skills, ability and will to learn new things fast as well as, helpful, co-operative attitude and motivation to put a dent in the world
- Understanding of business, entrepreneurship and startups
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to search and find information
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
Following will improve your odds of getting selected:
- M.Sc from relevant subject, such as economics (entrepreneurship, marketing, management etc.), industrial management or similar program
- Knowledge and / or experience on PR, communications, marketing, web and / or social media
- Understanding of commercial law, agreements, IP issues and / or patents
- Entrepreneurial experience, especially if it’s from a startup
- Experience from prior roles in similar positions and / or tasks, or alternatively from business development roles
- Knowledge of startup ecosystem in Finland or how startups operate in wider sense, lean business development skills, business modeling
- Active participation on student entrepreneurship societies or similar activities
- Additional language skills
We offer you a vantage point to the startup world which will set your career apart from average and allows you to make a significant impact on startup ecosystem and the world we live in. There’s also room for growth within the company, even all the way to the full partner status within a few years. The salary and other benefits are negotiable.
Apply by sending your CV with references AND a free form application (max 2 pages) by 20.5.2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to contact us also in case you have any questions regarding the job.